Friday, March 12, 2010

How do I take care of my ceramic hair straightener and how do I clean the plates?

(I have a GHD medium styler, if this helps.)How do I take care of my ceramic hair straightener and how do I clean the plates?
they pretty much take care of themselves, you can run over them with a clean damp cloth when they are switched off and dry them with a towelHow do I take care of my ceramic hair straightener and how do I clean the plates?
wait until they are cold unplug them then wipe with some alcohol i find vodka is best, yet wasteful...anyway that should do the trick x
Somebody else posted a similar question and most of the answers were with a clean, damp towel/cloth when they're cool.


Someone else said a baby wipe when they're still warm, but unplugged.


Good luck.
I used vinegar and it worked a treat. Put some vinegar on some kitchen paper and gently wipe over the plates. Do the same again but with water and then just let them dry.
call me a wimp but i would be very hesitant to put any ';damp'; cloth near an electrical appliance - particularly one that a) cost so much and b) i couldn't live without! the BEST way to clean ceramic plates which has been featured in all magazines and has been tried and tested by myself is either baby wipes or soft make up wipes. think about it, if they can remove last nights make up the morning after then they can remove the cack that builds up on the plates! they work a treat. also, i wouldn't recommend putting vinegar on the plates - surely it would leave a smelly residue? good luck.
I've had my ghd's for 8 years now and have never cleaned them!


I've never straightened my hair with anything on it other then serum so i don't really need to.


If you use hairspray and mouse then i would use a damp cloth on them when they are cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment