Saturday, March 13, 2010

How do I get gunk off the sides of my ceramic hair straighteners?

I have managed to get hairspray or gel or something on the sides of my ceramic straighteners. When I pull them down my hair they drag and break the hair. Can i use nail varnish remover without damaging the plates?How do I get gunk off the sides of my ceramic hair straighteners?
use rubbing alcohal and a cotton ballHow do I get gunk off the sides of my ceramic hair straighteners?
You can try the rubbing alcohol, but if it is burned on, that will not work. I know you will think I'm nuts, but I promise this works like a charm, and makes it like new. Spray on oven cleaner, heat up the iron for about 10 minutes, then let it cool and wipe off the ';stuff'; with a damp towel (one you can throw away).
I've always used rubbing alcohol... seems to work well and doesn't cause any harm or damage to the iron.
Rubbing alcohol works.
The easiest way is to use straight ammonia. The smell is super strong, so open a window or clean it outside. This is the fastest way though. Just pour some straight ammonia on a clean, dry cloth and wipe down where it needs to be clean. It may take a lot of wiping, depending on how gunky your appliance is.
I used to do hair, %26amp; I got alot of hair spray %26amp; gel build up, I used an S.O.S pad on mine, just un hook it %26amp; Run your steel wool under water %26amp; gently scrub off.
I would use a damp towel and just wipe it down

No comments:

Post a Comment